Differences of English Version
General Localization Changes
- All menu text has been translated to English.
- In-game and PV mode lyrics have been changed to romaji (Japanese characters using Roman letters).
- PV logos are unchanged, but any logo using Japanese characters have an English translation of the song name and the artist captioned below the logo.
- Some Note Ratings have different names: "FINE" is now "GOOD", "SAD" is now "BAD" & "WORST" is now "AWFUL".
- Some Rank Points (now called Grade Points) have different names: CHEAP is now LOUSY & MISSXTAKE is now DROPXOUT.
- Both the American and the European version of the game are only in English, but the software manual (accessible through the XMB while in-game) is shown in the system's local language. The manual is confirmed to be available in English, German, French, Italian and Spanish. (There may be more languages available.)
- As in other western PlayStation games, X is now the confirmation button while O is the cancel button. (This only applies to North American and European consoles; the game still retains the original button layout if played on Japanese and Asian consoles.)
- There are no gameplay changes.
English Conjugation Changes
- The Technical Zone note counter is displayed as "NOTES LEFT: X" instead of "REST X NOTES".
- Finishing a Technical Zone successfully will display "TECHNICAL ZONE COMPLETED" instead of "TECHNICAL ZONE COMPLETE".
- Finishing a Technical Zone with a failed hit will display "TECHNICAL ZONE OVER" instead of "TECHNICAL ZONE END".
- Finishing Chance Time with ☆ will display "CHANCE TIME SUCCESSFUL" instead of "CHANCE TIME SUCCESS".
- Finishing Chance Time with ☆ will display "CHANCE TIME OVER" instead of "CHANCE TIME END".
- "STAGE CLEARED" is displayed instead of "STAGE CLEAR" when clearing a song and
- "NOT CLEARED" instead of "NOT CLEAR---" if not.
PV Text and Graphical Changes
World Ends Dance Hall:
- The opening text is different:
|Another time, Another place
A battle of two girls beginー
|In another time, in a land far away...|
Two girls prepared for battleー
- The logo on the SEGA Dreamcast controller has different colors:
|Orange Dreamcast logo (Japan region)
||Blue Dreamcast logo (PAL region)|
The MMORPG Addicts Anthem:
- In the scene where Miku obtains a room item, the text banner has been translated:
Liberally Localized Song Titles
- トリノコシティ (Left-Behind City) = Urbandonment
- ネトゲ廃人シュプレヒコール (Net Game Addicts Sprechchor) = The MMORPG Addicts Anthem
- 神曲 (Divine Comedy) = God-Tier Tune
- 夢の続き (Continuation of Dreams) = Continuing Dream